No sooner do we get over the 2014 Super Bowl, than it’s time for another mega sporting spectacle.
The Winter Olympics formally begin Friday, Feb. 7, in Sochi, Russia, although some competition is set for Feb. 6. And until Feb. 23, there will be competition in 15 sports.
So it’s time for some news and info to get you ready for the sporting barrage:
- WHO NEEDS A TV? NBC, which is handling coverage, will stream “every phase of competition” on nbcolympics.com. Mobile devices are in play, too — the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app for iOS and Android devices. However, if you want to watch televised coverage, here’s a way to check for your area.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Here are the official Facebook and Twitter handles for the Sochi Games. Also, here are some suggested Twitter handles to follow, via Mashable.
- DON’T DRINK THE WATER: Already, there are reports of toilets that can’t handle toilet paper, disheveled hotel rooms, and water that is not drinkable, via Mashable.
- ANIMAL ROUNDUP IN SOCHI: There have been reports that Russian officials were euthanizing stray dogs in the Olympic city. But a report quotes an official as saying the animals were being “relocated.”
- TIME DIFFERENCE: Sochi is nine hours later than U.S. Eastern time.
— What are you looking forward to the most about the 2014 Games? Share your thoughts in the comments below.